Bamboo – Thick Socks
Made from 95% bamboo and 5% lycra/elastane, the Bamboo Thick Sock is a thick work/hiking sock. Bamboo fibre is softer than cotton with a smooth silky texture similar to a blend of cashmere and silk.
Why Choose Bamboo?
- bamboo fibre is highly absorbent and wicks moisture away from the skin, making it perfect for combating sweaty feet;
- perfect for outdoor use, bamboo cuts out 97.5% of UV rays making them a great choice for travellers;
- bamboo is a highly sustainable plant making it a great environmentally friendly choice;
- made from plant matter, our bamboo socks are 100% biodegradable;
- bamboo is more antistatic than other fibres making it a great choice for a work sock;
- compared to some fabrics, bamboo performs better on odour control;
- while bamboo has natural antibacterial properties, there is some evidence these are passed on to the fibre meaning less chemical antibacterial agents are required.
Interknit proudly knit everything in our little factory in Ballarat, Victoria.
Occasionally popular items sell out quickly during peak season and we have to knit them especially for you.
We will endeavor to make up your socks as quickly as possible however there may be a short waiting period of 1 and 3 weeks, depending on both machine and yarn availability.
If you require your garment urgently you can always go directly to our ‘Contact us’ page and ask about stock levels for a particular item.